This recipe is originally intended for yuzu but it’s a little hard to come by in the US so I decided to use lemon since I had a bunch of freshly picked lemons on hand. I wasn’t sure how it was going to turn out because yuzu daikon is one of my favorite sunomono (pickled in vinegar) dishes.
75 ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice
50 ml of rice vinegar
4 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon of sugar
200 grams of daikon thinly sliced
2-3 tablespoons of lemon zest
1) Choose a thin daikon and slice the daikon into round slices. If you have a fat daikon, cut them into half-moons slices.
2) Mix the lemon juice, vinegar and sugar
3) Add the mix to the daikon.
4) Prep the lemon zest by removing the white membrane and slice into thin strips.
5) Add the lemon zest to the daikon and lemon-vinegar mixture and allow to marinate for at least an hour.