Welcome to We Blog the World (“WBTW”). By using this site or any site affiliated, owned, operated or bound to WBTW, you agree to these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time, and you agree (including by virtue of your continued use of our site) to be bound by any such changes. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features or functionality (including, without limitation, video and related projects) that augment or enhance our site shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
You may use the sites for personal, non-commercial purposes only. You may not copy, store, scrape or use any part of our site without permission. If you are under the age of 18 you need your parents’ permission before using the sites or registering for the WBTW newsletter.
If you believe that any content on our sites infringes on your or the work of a third party on whose behalf you are entitled to act, notify us in what way that it constitutes copyright infringement. The notice should be in writing and sent to info at weblogtheworld dot com with COPYRIGHT CONCERN in the subject line and include the following:
- A statement that you have identified material on a service that infringes your copyright (or infringes the copyright of a third party on whose behalf you are entitled to act);
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, which should include the type of work (such as a book or a sound recording) and any relevant further details (such as the title and date of publication, as applicable);
- The country or countries to which your copyright applies;
- A description of the way in which the copyright material has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on our site (including a URL and screen shot);
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address so that we may get in contact with you;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted work is not authorized by the copyright owner (or by a third party who is legally entitled to do so on behalf of the copyright owner) and is not otherwise permitted by law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
- An electronic or physical signature (which may be a scanned copy) of the copyright owner.
Upon receipt of a valid DMCA notice, WBTW will remove the infringing material as soon as possible and provide a copy of the notice to the user who uploaded the material.
Community Guidelines & Principles
WBTW is all about Transformative Travel and Life; its content covers lifestyle, travel, adventure, nature, food/wine, culture, arts and beyond, with reviews on products, fashion, technology, hotels, restaurants, spas and more. For more about founder Renee Blodgett’s vision, refer to the WBTW About Page. Through selectively curating some of the most creative and passionate voices on the web, WBTW subscribes to the following community guidelines & principles and ask that you, as a contributing blogger, user of the site, reader of the site or commenter on the site, do the same. Fundamentals of these guidelines and principles include the following:
- Be Respectful: WBTW takes great pride in hosting, participating in and connecting to a global community that embraces different points of view, cultures, religions and faiths, attitudes and perspectives from around the world. WBTW has both a wellness and spirituality section, which means that some of the content may venture far from your comfort zone. Remember that people come from all walks of life – they have different ideas about the world, different experiences and lifestyles and as you’d expect, their style of living and traveling will differ than your own. Their confidence level may be different than your own. Their level of fear or acceptance may be different than your own. Consider this when you engage with the community, writers and readers.
- Think Before you Act or Speak: No profanities, porn, spamming, defamation, illegal activities, violation of people’s private information or lives or trying to gain in a commercial way from the WBTW platform.
- Provide Value to the Conversation: Remember that this is a travel and lifestyle site, so keep it relevant and provide value to the community. If the comment or post is off-topic, or off-color, we’ll remove them. Providing value is the best way to increase engagement and create a long standing community that will support you back. Being part of a community means respecting the guidelines and subject matter. If you want to be a valuable member of our community, provide value. If you’re posting a comment, try to provide context and be as specific as you can. Think whether your comment will help someone in the community or comment thread rather than promoting your own interests.
- Encourage & Be Purposeful: Some people who read the site may be new to travel or new to some of the discussions that may arise from blog posts and comment threads. WBTW has sections on nature, spirituality, wellness and “life” which sometimes covers life transitions and reflections on change, who we are in the world and our roles in it. Encourage diversity and new ideas – it helps everyone get to the place they wish to go, whether that be a physical journey on the road or an internal one. If you’re a long time traveler, you know all too well, that travel can indeed be transformative, WBTW’s tagline. Not everyone travels with transformation as an intent, nor do we expect everyone to, however we like to encourage people to travel with purpose and be present on and off the road. Be purposeful when you share what you have to say, whether here on the WBTW platform/site or in the real world. It makes everyone feel better, including you.
- Flag & Report Inappropriate Behavior: we are proud of this community and want you to be too. If you see bad behavior or people not subscribing to “best practices”, use flags, report problem content or contributors to the community. We want to ensure that the community thrives through high vibrating souls, not ones who want to bring others down or are not interested in making the world a better place.
- Don’t Take Content as Gospel & Use Common Sense: remember to use common sense with anything you read. Bloggers are merely writing about their own experiences in a country. If an article says that they felt safe in a particular city and didn’t face any issues, it doesn’t mean that you won’t face any issues in the same city. Don’t take the content as gospel – use it as a resource to learn about a particular place or experience from that one person’s perspective, but continue to do your own research and contribute what you learn – it makes all of us smarter and wiser on and off the road. Also, use all safety precautions when you travel anywhere, whether that be getting the inoculations and visas that you need or reading official websites to learn about the safety in particular cities and towns. This is even more important if you are traveling alone as a woman.
- Wellness & Spiritual Content: WBTW has wellness and spirituality sections but do not profess to be health or “spiritual” experts. Note that the content in the wellness and spirituality sections are based on personal experiences and we do not recommend that any product will solve a problem or issue that you have. Seek advice from your own health, wellness and alternative practitioners before trying any products, services or experiences. Remember that what may be “right” for one person may not work for another.
- Don’t use WBTW as a Promotional Vehicle: don’t use the site in any way to promote a website, product, hotel, business or person: this is a community, not a place to pitch a business, promote one or financially or otherwise benefit one.
- No Advertising, Surveys or Spam: NO solicitation, posting of surveys, advertising, affiliate or links to promote SEO, traffic or sales will be tolerated.
- Don’t be or Feed a Troll: if you’re new to the web, trolls aren’t the type of people we want on our site. They are known to purposely post messages or content to push a directive or idea, and most of the time, it’s not positive. It is a bad idea to connect with, debate or argue with a troll. This behavior is considered “feeding the troll.” Best practices in these cases are to ignore them, use red flags and contact us so we know they exist and can delete inappropriate comments that we deem are damaging to or not productive to the WBTW community.
- Don’t Pitch your Kickstarter or IndieGoGo Campaign: truth be told, we love both sites and crowdfunding campaigns in general. We think they’re great ways to get a new idea or product going that can’t get funding elsewhere. WBTW believes in great causes, useful products and services and know that there are tons of worthwhile campaigns on both platforms. That said, WBTW is not the place to promote it or direct traffic to your campaign.
WBTW Contributors | Bloggers
These terms and conditions apply to all content on the WBTW website and serves as a binding agreement for all content on the site. For any and all new bloggers interested in becoming a blogger and contributor to the WBTW site and platform, whether that is submitting content directly and/or syndicating your content to WBTW, please contact us at info at weblogtheworld dot com with BLOGGER INTEREST in the subject line, what kind of content you’d like to provide to WBTW and how often. If relevant, considered a fit and it aligns with the WBTW vision and brand, we will contact you about next steps.
Applications: If you engage with someone else’s application on a site (e.g. using or posting content on the application), an independent legal relationship is formed between you and the application provider. An application provider may impose terms on your use of their application.
Removal of Content & Termination of Collaboration: WBTW has the right (but not the obligation) to remove any or all of your blog posts that fail to comply with the foregoing, or for any other reason, without notice to you using our own discretion. We may terminate or suspend your blogger agreement if you have breached these terms or if the breach is serious.
Inappropriate Content: WBTW also reserves the right to remove posts that:
- are racist in nature, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- may disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
- include swear words or other language that could offend others
- break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
- self promote, or advertise products or services of your own or others for profit or gain
- could be seen to impersonate someone else
- include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
- contain affiliate links or links to other websites which break our editorial guidelines
- describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
- are considered to be ‘spam’, or over the top/duplicate content that can hurt or negatively impact WBTW
- are considered to be off-topic for WBTW, the blog post, the site or the section
Rights Granted: As a contributor of any content or blogger on the site, you confirm that you:
- own the copyright to all of the work you upload to the site, submit to the site and/or syndicate to WBTW and have the express right and permission from the owner of the content to upload and/or syndicate it and license to WBTW (and you can post it anywhere else you wish) however, by submitting and/or syndicating any content to WBTW (including text, videos, photographs or audio materials) and in exchange for good and valuable consideration, the receipt and adequacy of which you hereby acknowledge, you grant WBTW a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual license to exercise all rights under copyright law with respect to such content, which WBTW may use, publish, edit/alter and distribute on their websites and other properties and those of their affiliates, successors, assigns, and business partners, as well as for marketing and promotional purposes, online or offline, in any medium and mode of delivery. If you would like to include someone else’s copyright material, trademark or other intellectual property in your content you must first obtain and keep their written permission that legally authorizes the right to do so. are able to grant WBTW the rights under these Terms and Conditions (so, for example, you cannot grant us exclusive rights if you have already granted someone else exclusive rights);
- have obtained the consent of the owner of any work incorporated into the content you upload on and/or syndicate to the sites; because serious legal consequences can happen to you, WBTW, and other parties if you do not (like legal action for infringement);
- have ensured that the content does not infringe or violates any law, rule or regulation or the rights or intellectual property rights of any person or entity (or encourage anyone else to do so);
- disclose any financial conflicts of interest related to the issue they are writing about. As a blogger, if you receive payment or income from a company, organization, group, or individual with a financial stake in the issue he/she is weighing in on, that information should be disclosed at the bottom of the applicable blog post as noted above;
- confirm that your content does not contain anything that breaches any laws or rights, including by: defaming any person, breaching any intellectual property rights, containing personal information, containing commercial advertising, containing excessively coarse language or content which would be rated X or pornography, etc.;
- consent to your content being altered, edited or adapted for such uses, or to ensure your content does not infringe these terms or breach the law, as we see fit in a way that fits with the style and formatting of WBTW, including headlines and links;
- are posting content that is not objectionable, inaccurate, racist, inflammatory, obscene, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, or ethnically offensive;
- are not using content that is an advertisement or solicitation of business or contributions or does not include affiliate links for which you are being compensated for financially or in kind and is not against the interests of WBTW or partners, contributors or readers as a whole.
Reporting Abuse or Defamation: If you believe any content infringes these terms, please contact us and let us know.
Liability & Disclaimer: you must abide by all copyright terms, notices or restrictions contained on WBTW. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, with respect to any video submissions to us made by you from time to time, you understand and agree that (unless you and we agree otherwise) we may, or may permit users to, based solely on functionality provided and enabled by our website, compile, re-edit, adapt or modify your content, photo and video submission, or create derivative works therefrom, either on a stand-alone basis or in combination with other video submissions, and (unless you and we agree otherwise) you shall have no rights with respect thereto and we or our licensees shall be free to display and publish the same (as so compiled, re-edited, adapted, modified or derived) for any period.
Indemnification: You indemnify WBTW against all losses, costs and expenses directly incurred by WBTW, in connection with a demand, allegation, action, proceeding or claim that you do not own all of your work, you are not able to grant WBTW rights or you do not have the consent of an owner to incorporate their work into yours. WBTW must take reasonable steps to mitigate its loss. You will be responsible for any harm we suffer as a result of your violation of these terms and conditions or as any breach by you of your representations and warranties: You agree to indemnify and hold harmless WBTW and its affiliates, and their respective members, directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation by you of these Terms and Conditions or any breach by you of your representations and warranties hereunder. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
This site does contain some content which might present a conflict of interest. Please refer to our Disclosure page for the details.
Legal Disclosure: You agree that if WBTW is legally required to disclose information that we have about you (including your IP address and location, name and user name), we may do so, without notice to you.
Complaints and Inquiries/Choice of Law: For bloggers, contributors and commenters, if you violate any of the terms, or we receive an inquiry or complaint about your post, you agree that you are responsible, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless WBTW for all resulting claims and liabilities. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the United States and the State of California, without giving effect to conflict of laws provisions thereof. Any lawsuit relating to any matter arising under this Agreement initiated by or on behalf of either party shall be filed in a state or federal court of competent jurisdiction in the County of San Francisco. BY CONTINUING TO USE OUR SITE, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
The caption to each Section of these Terms and Conditions are for convenience of reference only and shall be ignored in the construction or interpretation hereof.
How to Contact Us
The most current version of these Terms and Conditions can be viewed at any time at https://www.weblogtheworld.com. You can contact us at info at weblogtheworld dot com.