Ecuador Freedom Bike Rental opened in Quito in the past month, and offers an exciting way to discover the city and the country… on a bike or motorcycle! Mountain bikes, scooters and motorcycles are rented for hours, days or weeks – all rentals include unlimited mileage, helmets and locks. According to the owners, Court and Sylvian (American and French), “No other country in the world offers more spectacular motorcycling and bicycling than Ecuador. The combination of terrain, scenery and suitable year-round weather has made Ecuador become synonymous with outdoor adventure.”
” href=”http://thisisecuador.com/images/stories/articles/2010/octubre/aventure_eximent02.jpg” target=”_blank”>Founders Court and Sylvian lived in New York and decided to travel to South America in search of freedom and tranquility. They drove all the way from New York to Buenos Aires, and on the way they picked a dog in the Santa Elena province (Ecuadorian coast). As they arrived in Buenos Aires, they didn’t find the exact ambiance they expected- so they decided to keep up with their journey and search. Coincidentally, they heard a radio comment on the city of Cuenca in Ecuador, were life is most pleasant and tranquil. They moved to Cuenca on December 2009 and stayed there until June 2010, but then they decided to move to Quito, the capital city, which they also found as a quaint place to live.
“Ecuador has it all – a combination of exciting terrain, great roads, friendly people and charming towns- there is so much to see you will be glad that we offer all of our rentals with unlimited mileage! You won’t want to get off the bike…”, they say.
Services offered by Ecuador Freedom Bike Rental:
- Free pick-up/drop-off service from Quito’s International Airport
- Garmin GPS units designed for motorcycle and outdoor bicycling use. The systems are loaded with Garmin’s Ecuador City Navigator software, the most complete and up-to-date GPS mapping software available in Ecuador. With thousands of points of interest and the ability to get turn-by-turn directions to most addresses in the major cities of Ecuador, you won’t worry about getting lost.
- 14 hours support in case of breakdowns (5-passenger 4 x 4 support vehicle). For long tours, the truck is used to provide more comfort by carrying excess luggage and provides a rest for those who are tired from riding.
- Tour planning: recommendation of several possible routes, customized to clients’ needs. Daily route sheets are offered with hotel contacts or camping site recommendations.
- GPS Tracking and photo geo- tagging.
- Cell phone and high speed wireless internet rental.
- Helmet-to-helmet communication device rental.
Address: Jerónimo Carrion E4-133 & Amazonas (La Mariscal neighborhood- Quito)
Phone: +593 2 600 4459, Cel: +593 8 176 2340, From the USA or Canada: +1 (603) 617-2499, From the rest of the world: 00-593-8-176-2340
While I was at their offices in Quito and talked to the founders, I didn’t have a chance to try the service out. The above however is reposted from This is Ecuador, a fabulous site dedicated to all things Ecuador.