I’m a fan of spas these days because of my belief in the power of integrated health and motion…..meaning the body must be in motion in order to be healthy. Motion means fitness, exercise to keep acidic build up in the body at bay.
Massage also helps stimulate glands and move toxins out of the body, so while massage and everything in its peripheral is never a good substitute for exercise, its an incredible supplemental and oh by the way, spas can be incredibly relaxing. And, balancing.
Conde Naste Traveler did a write up on their top 35 spas in the world for 2012. They cover nearly every continent. Here’s their list. And, of course, I have included my wish list after reading the list.
I base the wish list on my own experience with traveling to and research on the country’s culture and way and thinking and/or if I’ve been there personally.
And of course, I’ve included my favorite photos as well….enticing ones that will want you to jump on an airplane sooner rather than later. Europe wins hands down in the number of spas who make the list.
Photo: Nira Spa in Switzerland
- Beaux, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Spa Noi, Hotel Noi Vitacura,Santiago de Chile
- Uma Spa, Tierra Patagonia Hotel & Spa, Torres del Paine in Chile
- Heavenly Spa, Westin Lima, Lima, Peru
- Mission Hills Mineral Springs and Spa, Hainan
- Kerry Hotel Spa, Shanghai
- Spa at the Sanctuary, Cap Cana
- ESPAlife at Corinthia, Corinthia Hotel, London, England
- St. Pancras Spa, St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel, London, England
- Spa Nuxe Les Bains de Lea, Grand Hotel Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
- Spa Le Bristol by La Prairie, Paris, France
- Spa My Blend by Clarins, Le Royal Monceau Raffles, Paris, France
- Pure Altitude Spa, Altapura, Val Thorens, France
- Spa Museum, Nun Assisi Relais and Spa Museum, Assisi, Italy
- Armani/Spa, Milan, Italy
- Caudalie Vinotherapie Spa, L’And Vineyards Resort, Alentejo, Portugal
- ESPA, at the Istanbul Edition, Istanbul, Turkey
- Nira Spa, Nira Alpina, Surlej, Switzerland
- Wellness, Backstage Hotel Vernissage, Zermatt, Switzerland
Photo: ESPALife, London
- Sea Spa at Long Beach Mauritius Resort, Belle Mare
- Raffles Spa, Praslin Island, Seychelles
Photo: BanyanTree, Singapore