From January 8-10, 2016 in the Big Apple, The New York Times Travel Show will have a number of on-site deals and offers as well as travel seminars for attendees. There will be tips from professionals at Meet the Experts, stage performances, book signings by notable writers, and the Taste of the World culinary pavilion will provide tastes of global cuisines and a “Kids Kitchen” for kids of all ages.
Other fun activities on-site include the Color Spa in the Wellness Travel Pavilion where you can get an energy tune-up using colored lights and Logbar will demo a new wearable translation device. The Curaçao Tourism Board will allow attendees to experience —through the lens of virtual reality video — the sights and sounds of Curaçao’s Playa Kenepa (one of Curaçao’s most popular beaches) and the Queen Emma Bridge in downtown Willemstad.
To celebrate the 100th anniversary of connecting New Yorkers to the world, The New York Passport Agency will invite attendees to snap a selfie with a giant passport and be among the first to see what the next generation of passports will look like. Other giveaways and deals at the event will include:
- Adventure to Africa: Book a 10-day trip to Tanzania Migration Safari, Ngorongoro Crater and Tarangire National Park and get two nights free.
- Allianz Global Assistance: you can enter for a chance to win up to $2,500 for an ultimate bucket list trip.
- Caribbean Hotel Education Foundation: you can join a fundraiser auction of 100+ Caribbean hotel and resort stays, where proceeds will go to student scholarships. Stays include: 4 nights Atlantis, Bahamas; 5 nights Cambridge Beaches, Bermuda: 7 nights True Blue Bay, Granada: 4 nights all-inclusive Couples Tower Isle, Jamaica: 5 nights The Palms, Turks & Caicos: and 7 nights all-inclusive Coconut Bay, St. Lucia.
- GuideWE Travel: Up to $1,000 off selected tours and trips, including adventure vacations, classic China tours and romantic trips.
- Hawaiian Airlines: Attendees can enter to win a free trip for two to Hawaii on Hawaiian Airlines and sign up for HawaiianMiles membership.
- Kurotel Longevity Medical Center and Spa: Kurotel Longevity Medical Center & Spa in Brazil is offering attendees an opportunity to win a five-night night Wellness Retreat.
- National Geographic Expeditions: Here, you can attend the National Geographic Expeditions seminar on national park vacations and you can enter to win a trip to Yellowstone Grand Teton National Parks from National Geographic Expeditions.
- SmarTours: Prize giveaway: Enter to win a free trip for two to Cuba, including airfare by joining the smarTours e-mail list.
- Sorobon Beach Resort Bonaire: Book an ultimate wellness vacation of seven nights in an ocean view one-bedroom chalet, and get three nights for free at Sorobon Beach resort Bonaire.
- The New York Times Store: Enter for a chance to win a Pin Your Journeys Map by subscribing to The New York Times Store emails and connect with them on Facebook and Google Plus.
- Valdez Convention & Visitors Bureau: Enter to win a travel package to Valdez, Alaska, which includes the following prizes, among others: two free round-trip airline tickets from Anchorage to Valdez on RAVN Alaska airlines; free two-night stay for two people at the Robe Lake Lodge.
- Zulu Nyala: Enter to win a six-night safari for two at Zulu Nyala Heritage Safari Lodge and private game reserve including two game-viewing activities per day.
We are proud to be a media sponsor of the 2016 event. The New York Times Travel Show is the largest and longest-running trade and consumer travel show in North America, featuring the Travel Industry Conference, Consumer Seminars, and an interactive Exhibition including more than 500 exhibitors from Africa, Asia, Australia/South Pacific, Canada, the Caribbean, Europe, Latin America, Mexico and the United States.
Photo credits: www.travelagentcentral.com and tourismmarketingconsulting.com.
No comments yet.