What’s the best way to refuel in New York City? A delicious cup of Joe, of course! While you can certainly find a Starbucks on most every corner, these are the adorable mom-and-pop shops we visit on the regular. Not only can you grab a delicious coffee at each of them, but they also have seating provided for you to grab a book (or a date!) and stay awhile.
- Bibble & Sip (note: get the lavender latte.)
- Ralph’s Coffee Shop (note: this is located on the 2nd floor of the (you guessed it) Ralph Lauren store on 5th Avenue. it has plenty of seating, plugs for charging your devices, and is a great spot to refuel after an afternoon of Midtown shopping.)
- Housing Works Bookstore Cafe (note: grab your coffee and a used book off the shelves, and head upstairs for an afternoon wind down at one of the cute little tables. if you are digging the book, go ahead and purchase it, as all proceeds from the shop go to help local New Yorkers living with HIV/AIDS.)
- Culture Espresso (note: the chandelier and wallpaper give it a charming vibe in a neighborhood otherwise mostly known for chains. it may be seasonal, but if they have it, order the maple latte.)
- Kaffe 1668 (note: they brew each cup individually, making it truly a coffee art to behold. thus a regular cup of coffee here is really, really good.)
- Cafe Lalo (note: this is a spot to get a fancy coffee along with a fancy dessert, a true #treatyoself day. Would also make an excellent date spot. and in case you hadn’t heard, this is also where the cafe scene from “You Got Mail” was filmed.)
- Box Kite NYC (note: for true coffee connoisseurs, get the coffee flight. it’s one of those bucket list musts! and p.s. they have an AMAZING tasting menu available too–such a special night out!)
- Ground Central (note: a cute little book nook is in the back of this industrial-vibe spot in Midtown East, bring your laptop and stay awhile.)
- Kahve (note: for something a bit different, order the Turkish coffee.)
- Fika (note: minimalist Swedish coffeeshop, anyone? their little chocolate truffle candies are such a treat.)
I’ll be sure to update this list as I continue to explore more cute coffee shops in NYC (there are so many!)
And do tell…anywhere not on here that I should run out and try immediately? Where is your favorite place for a local cup of joe? Share below!