Decades and decades ago, my very first trip to NYC with my mom and siblings was to see the Rockettes perform their high kicks at Christmastime, followed by a visit to the Empire State Building. It was in that very special trip that I declared that, one day, I would call this spectacular city home.
Flash forward 20+ years (what?!?) and not only do I call it home, but I also get to tote my own little guy around the Big Apple to explore all the magic it has to offer. And today, I’ve carried along the tradition and brought him to the Radio City Rockettes Christmas Spectacular.
A few tips for seeing the show:
- The show runs through January 5th, 2020.
- Check a few different sites for the best prices before you go!
- –There is a LONG line snaking around the venue. However, there’s really no need to wait in it! The venue opens one hour before show time, and that’s typically what the line is for. We arrived about 20 minutes before the performance and went right in. By the time we snapped a few photos, grabbed a $10 popcorn and found our seats, it was about 5 minutes until curtain call.
- There’s a bag inspection/metal detector station before you get inside, so it’s best to leave all bulky items at home, and travel light!
- Age wise, Augusten was just at the stage where it was worth buying a ticket (at almost 4). Had we attempted this last year (at almost 3), I have no doubt we would have needed to leave the theater midway through. But, you know your child best, so plan accordingly!