Starting today, LIFT ’08, is a three day event in Geneva Switzerland, that explores the social impact of new technologies.
- It is a three full days of workshops, talks, social activities and discussions to get a look at the most important technological trends and meet the people behind them.
- LIFT spotlights key trends in technology’s impact on life and work in 2008 and beyond.
- Entrepreneurs, investors, and private sector professionals who come to develop their network, find new ideas and partners to take their projects to the next level
- New media and designers who attend to keep an eye on the latest developments in business and society
- International workers from NGOs and the UN system who look for the latest trends in new technologies, and meet the people behind them.
- Academics who enjoy the open and collaborative atmosphere to broaden their areas of research.
LIFT gathers four main communities:
Renee Blodgett is the founder of We Blog the World. The site combines the magic of an online culture and travel magazine with a global blog network and has contributors from every continent in the world. Having lived in 10 countries and explored nearly 80, she is an avid traveler, and a lover, observer and participant in cultural diversity.
She is also the CEO and founder of Magic Sauce Media, a new media services consultancy focused on viral marketing, social media, branding, events and PR. For over 20 years, she has helped companies from 12 countries get traction in the market. Known for her global and organic approach to product and corporate launches, Renee practices what she pitches and as an active user of social media, she helps clients navigate digital waters from around the world. Renee has been blogging for over 16 years and regularly writes on her personal blog Down the Avenue, Huffington Post, BlogHer, We Blog the World and other sites. She was ranked #12 Social Media Influencer by Forbes Magazine and is listed as a new media influencer and game changer on various sites and books on the new media revolution. In 2013, she was listed as the 6th most influential woman in social media by Forbes Magazine on a Top 20 List.
Her passion for art, storytelling and photography led to the launch of Magic Sauce Photography, which is a visual extension of her writing, the result of which has led to producing six photo books: Galapagos Islands, London, South Africa, Rome, Urbanization and Ecuador.
Renee is also the co-founder of Traveling Geeks, an initiative that brings entrepreneurs, thought leaders, bloggers, creators, curators and influencers to other countries to share and learn from peers, governments, corporations, and the general public in order to educate, share, evaluate, and promote innovative technologies.