Sony’s best pocket camera packs plenty of technology into one small, portable product:
- Sensor – The DSC-RX100 II boasts a 20.2-megapixel Exmor CMOS sensor backed by a BIONZ Image Processor which offers high sensitivity and low noise by using a back illumination technology. It also offers beautifully defocused backgrounds, with optical zoom capabilities of up to 3.6x.
- LCD display – The DSC-RX100 II features a 3.0-inch 1.2-million-pixel LCD screen that displays your images clearly, even in direct sunlight.
- Optics – A 3.6x optical Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 10.4-37.1mm f/1.8-4.9 lens provides a flexible 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 28-100mm.
- Wireless – You can connect the DSC-RX100 II to your Android smartphone or tablet using the PlayMemories Mobile app, either via wireless or NFC connectivity.
- Interface – The multi-interface shoe lets you attach accessories, including a viewfinder and a remote control.
Accolades usually reserved for SLR cameras have been showered on the DSC-RX100 II. You don’t need to turn a control ring to know why.