When you visit Angkor Wat and the Angkor Temples in Cambodia, you will get the option of a 1 day or 3 day ticket (and a 7 day ticket!!).
Here’s a few pointers that will help you decide which one is for you. I
went for the 3 day ticket option as I knew it would be my only visit to the area, so I wanted to see as much of it as I could and give myself added flexibility. Please note that when people say they are visiting Angkor Wat – they don’t just mean one temple called Angkor Wat! There are tons of temples in and around the area and Angkor Wat is just the largest and busiest one – some of the others are better!
Visiting Angkor Wat: 1 Day Ticket Pass ($20):
- You can start your one day pass early in the morning and get a full day of use out of it, thus maximising it.
- You could even do sunrise and sunset on the same day if you wanted (it’s open from 5am to 6pm).
- You only need to spend one day’s worth of tuk tuk or bicycle rental (or only a day’s worth of walking).
- You won’t get bored of temples.
- You will end up just doing the best bits, so in essence you see all you want anyway.
- You will definitely miss out on seeing some of the more unusual temples.
- You are simply doing the touristy thing and visiting Angkor Wat and the main Angkor temples, not really getting to all the off the beaten track temples.
- You probably won’t be here again so you may regret doing it so quickly in one day.
- You will be tired if you do an all day-er at the temples.
Visiting Angkor Wat: 3 Day Ticket Pass ($40):
This is the option I chose. I didn’t want to rush it all in one day and I had 4 days in Siem Reap so I had plenty of time for this.
- You will ensure you don’t miss any of the major temples in the area (Bayon, Baphuon, Angkor Wat, Preas Dak, Ta Prohm).
- Added flexibility.
- If you want to leave early one day, you can as you know you have another day (or 2 left).
- You don’t have to rush around, you can relax!
- It’s only twice the price of the 1 day ticket, but 3 times the length of time (The 3 Day pass costs $40 US Dollars whereas the 1 Day pass is $20 US Dollars).
- You might get bored of temples!
Visiting Angkor Wat: 7 Day Ticket Pass ($60):
- Unlimited entry to the Angkor Temples for an entire week
- You can take it slow and relax as you have plenty of time
- If you love the sunrise you can do it all over again if you want
- You will be a total Angkor Temples expert by the end of the week