This decadent event featured endless helpings of artisan cheeses, charcuterie, free-flow boutique wines from around the globe, micro brews, and more. A sampling of some of the bites you missed below!
There were also cocktails with Angostura Bitters and an award-winning lineup of beers from Magnolia Brewing Company. There was no shortage of wine (as you’d expect from any Napa Valley event), with over 30 participating wineries including Silver Oak & Twomey Cellars, BenMarco, Wines of Germany, Antica Napa Valley, Rodney Strong Vineyards, Azzurro Wine Company, Scholium Project, Pax Wine Cellars, Del Dotto Vineyards, Faust, Alysian Wines, Agharta, Trinity Hill, Kosta Browne, CIRQ, Charles Krug, Robert Craig Winery, Priest Ranch, Lando Wines, Qupe, Leviathan, Rombauer Vineyards, ONEHOPE Wines, Rocca Family Vineyards, Jigar & Sedition Wines and Sandeman Porto.
There was also a pop-up bakery from La Brea; a Salami Snack Bar from Creminelli and Divina; a noodle bar featuring Chef Francis Ang and some racy German wines; organic pâté offerings from Les Trois Petit Cochons and a Luxury Butter Bar featuring Sabatino truffle butter, foie gras.
In addition to the meat-laden feast, the event also had a Pop-Up Butcher Demo and Silent Auction with celebrated butchers. Travis Day of Thistle Meats (Sonoma) and Tracy Smaciarz of Heritage Meats (SEA).
Beyond the 80+ chef created dishes of the day, a few culinary spotlights included a Vietnamese Fire Experience with Chef Tu David Phu cooking over Royal Oak Charcoal, Creekstone Farms Beef prepared by notable chefs, a special Shrimp & Grits dish paired by Kim Wiss paired with the wines of Antica Napa Valley, and special bites from the culinary team at Traeger Grills. There were food and wine pairings from Silver Oak Chef Dominic Orsini; a farmhouse cheese spread from Somerdale and Cypress Grove.
The list of participating chefs who participated included:
- Thomas Boemer of Corner Table (MSP)
- John Sundstrom of Lark (SEA)
- William Wright of Helen Greek Food and Wine (HOU)
- Duskie Estes & John Stewart of Zazu Kitchen + Farm (Sonoma)
- Marc Zimmerman of Alexander’s Steakhouse (we just reviewed this San Francisco gem, so be sure to check out our article)
- Albert Ponzo of The Royal (TOR)
- Christian Page of Cassell’s Hamburgers (LA)
- Francis Derby formerly of The Cannibal (NYC)
- Jordan Keao of āina Restaurant (SF)
- Tiffany Friedman of Butter Root (Sonoma)
- Rodney Wages of R.T.B. (SF)
- Eric Nyeste of Smokestack at Magnolia Brewery (SF)
- Rafael Barrera and Pedro Juan Álvarez Cortés (Puerto Rico)
- Evan Allumbaugh of Flour + Water (SF)
- Dustin Valette of Valette (Sonoma)
- Lars Kronmark of Culinary Institute of America (NAPA)
- Blaise Bisbey of Napa Valley Heritage
- Tu David Phu of ĂN: A Vietnamese Dining Experience (OAK)
- Dominic Orsini of Silver Oak (NAPA)
- Scott Ostrander of Foundation Fire (SAC)
- Nicolai Lipscomb of The Battery (SF)
- Francis Ang of Pinoy Heritage (SF)
- Larry Forgione (NAPA)
- Alex Lovick of Inglenook (NAPA)
- Sophina Uong of Mestiza Taqueria (SF)
- Rob Lind of Ella Dining Room (SAC)
- Sara Hauman of Octavia (SF)
- Kim Wiss of Antica Wines (NAPA)
- Peter Jacobsen of Team Toast (NAPA)
- Joshua Schwartz of Del Dotto Vineyards (NAPA)
- Greg Laketek of West Loop Salumi (CHI)
- Brock Macdonald of Beast + Bounty (SAC)
- Reema Shroff of Frost 321 (SF),
- Chef Robin Song of San Francisco
It was first open for public wine tastings in 1882 by Charles Krug, and has been stewarded by C. Mondavi & Family since 1943. While we had some great “tastes” throughout the day (it was 107 degrees all day btw — yes, really!), we love Charles Krug wines. We were also thrilled to see Woody and team there from Alysian Wines – we’re huge fans of their whites.
While all inclusive tickets start at $125, they also had $400 ULTRA-VIP tickets which included a 90-minute early entry, a behind-scenes tour and rare wine tasting with a Cochon555 director and Saturday night dinner at Silver Oak Winery. We were grateful to be invited as press to attend this wonderful annual Napa Valley event.
Other Articles You May Find Interesting:
- Oscar Parties and Film Festivals in Wine Country
- Napa Masters and Makers
- Foodie Heaven Along Napa Valley
- Martha’s Vineyard Food & Wine Festival
- South Australia’s Tasting Australia Event
- Where to Taste the Best Chocolate in Paris
- Opulent London Food Markets to Visit
- Exploring Napa Valley
Charles Krug Winery
2800 Main Street
St. Helena CA 94574